Should I increase my propranolol every day?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I take 10mg propranolol every day. My prescription is for up to 4 a day. I currently take one . I'd been struggling with extreme blushing and sweating again, despite all my work on my anxiety. Today I had a big court trial (lawyer) so I took an extra half tablet of 5mg. I could not blush at all. I did find I lost my words a few times, but I didn't panic. Not sure if this was from the pill or not. I felt calm all day. A little wary, feeling a little off, but that was probably me being over sensitive and looking for reaction. Should I just increase my amount and take this every day? I do have high blood pressure too. Any advice?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would only do this via going through your doctor

I am on 40mg a day along with sertraline for my anxiety

and i could be in cold air and feel like i am boiling up still

tbh I do not understand what medications are doing with my body any more or my brain i just don't know

been on them since i was 13 diff meds all time

I would honestly suggest you try to get of medication if your still young as it will ruin your life in the long run

natural ways i wish i looked into when i was younger like just simple training your brain rather than medication

all doctors want to do is make people worse then eventually they wont be able to come of medication like me

I ended up in hospital when i stopped propronolol because my heart rate just spiked up high and my whole left arm was numb like a heart attack but by time i got hopspital it calmed down

now i have anxiety about coming of the meds and its just not going to be possible

like i said get of the medication please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.