Should I increase to 20mg??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering if anybody has experience of going for 10mg a day to 20mg? The 10mg is helping take the edge off but my anxiety is still bad. I had really bad side effects for the first month on 10mg will they be as bad and start all over again on 20mg?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That's the same thing I'm wondering, but I went from 5 to 10, 2 weeks on 10 mg and I'm very tired, wondering if this is normal
    • Posted

Yes bring tired is normal. I suffer with nausea to start off with I hate it x
    • Posted

Wonder how long I'll feel so tired, which does bring on my anxiety too, hope this pill works
    • Posted

I'm 5 weeks on 10mg and the tiredness is finally starting to let up.
  • Posted

Hi amy I went from 10mg to 20mg about 12 weeks ago and had no bad side effects just a slight nausea problem but just ate mints to combat it for anxiety I take propranolol it helps.....take care
  • Posted

Hi Amy. My GP increased my dosage from 10mg to 40mg over a period of about 3 months. That was about 4yrs ago & I can't recall having any particularly bad side effects. I still had periods of anxiety & eventually went onto Propanalol as well, which has really lowered my level of anxiety. I feel that depression & anxiety are 2 sides of the same coin & should be treated differently. I still have periods of depression, but not anxiety. 

• Posted

Thank you. I guess I will have to try and see how it goes. I used to take propranolol too and they really helped. I stopped because they made me put weight on and I just didn't fancy being on them. Silly really!
  • Posted

Hi Amy,

You may or may not get the same or different side effects, hightened or not with an increase. Fortunately, mine weren't too bad, but then I was somewhat all over the place, whether this was as bad as other people? I don't really know so, but I don't think so.

Try and stay positive and concentrate on getting better, let Cita do its job. Any queries, concerns, worries, paranoia, silly thoughts, dreams! don't mention the dreams! (we've all had them) you have your Doctor and you have us especially!

Anyway, Welcome to the Club! Keep posted!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks David I appreciate your advise. My doctor is fed up with me, just told me to up cit and take propranolol. I'm going in holiday in a week and don't want to mess around with tablets until I get home.
    • Posted

If what you say is correct, then your doctor is an ass!! You can't just do it your own way, that's what he/she is there for. Some doctors are like that, unfortunately, I was reluctant to see my GP because I thought I wouldget that response too. Thankfully he was great,very understanding& helped me greatly. Give tit a chance to work Amy. Keep us informed of you condition.

• Posted

I think the GP is just fed up of me to be honest. She is nice and has tried to help me, but she knows I am reluctant to up my dose because I feel the side effects really badly. Her words were I have little old ladies on 10mg, you can handle 20mg!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.