Should I leave heel blisters to breath or cover them up?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have 2 deroofed blisters on my heels. They're big and eclipse-shaped, about 5cm in width and 3cm in height. I put a bandage on them, but it was very painful to take it off, because the skin stick to it. I don't know what should I do and what should I cover them up with so that it won't be painful to remove.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you can leave them uncovered but making sure they are clean and dry that is the best way. If you can wear shoes without backs that will also help. Keep them uncovered as much as possible. If you have to cover them to wear shoes, try to get plasters that are specially for blisters. How did you get blisters that size? Are your shoes big enough?

• Posted

If you can leave them uncovered but making sure they are clean and dry that is the best way. If you can wear shoes without backs that will also help. Keep them uncovered as much as possible. If you have to cover them to wear shoes, try to get plasters that are specially for blisters. How did you get blisters that size? Are your shoes big enough?

• Posted

I wore shoes that were too small, but on short distances It wasn't a problem. Then one day I had to walk a little longer and the heel started rubbing against my shoe. I could feel the pain as my skin started to rip but I needed to get to the bus station. I won't use that shoes any more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.