Should i look for second opinion

Posted , 4 users are following.

30 years old bicuspid mild leaky valve ascending aortic root 4.1 and 3.8 on aortic root no palpitation or chest pain im having symptoms of fainting fatigue ligheaded every day the doctor request me to use another monitor and a tilt table test i really dont think i need it the last one i use never shows anything and my pressure is stable im thinking on making another appointment with a different doctor

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It never hurts to get a 2nd opinion.

I think as long as a cardiologist is monitoring you, you should be ok. Everyone is different, so symptoms can be different. I only recognized a problem when my heart started racing and I became short of breath. If I think back, I should have put more pressure on my family doctor to find out why I was so tired (I have hashimotos disease - my thyroid has been destroyed and I take meds for that) - but I put it down to my thyroid issue, or ageing, or just being lazy. I also had problems bending over, going up stairs, etc.. These were all very subtle symptoms, but I should have paid closer attention. I  don't have a fainting feeling now, but I do feel like I have "brain fog". 

Hope you can start feeling more confident in your health.

• Posted

Wow Deb, Aortic Valve & Thyroid... that is quite a load. 

My wife also has Hashimoto, do you know if there is a good group for that?

• Posted

I haven't tried to find one, Rg. I was diagnosed with it many years ago, before I ever really used the internet.

I'm sure there will be one somewhere. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.