Should I make an appointment with my GP for a referral to a neurologist?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was at my GP today, and I was getting a fit note for my ESA claim, the doctor said to me, have I been to a neurologist before, my Mum said no, and he said that to me as I think I have hemiparesis, but it hasn't been diagnosed, I just say that it's a weakness on the left side of my body, it affects my arms and legs, I will drag my left leg if I am tired, should I get an appointment to see if I can get a referral to the neurologist?

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Of course you should it's serious you get the appointment to get check out Also it will effect your ESA claim
  • Posted

I've had this for 20 years now, I had physiotherapy for 8 years to help this, but I don't think I have ever been properly diagnosed for hemiparesis (hemiplegia)
  • Posted

Ask for another referral to see someone else if your not getting any luck
  • Posted

Well it cannot hurt and at least you will know why you drag leg.

I wish you well

Regards

Win

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.