Should I or shouldn't I

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have new diagnosed osteoporosis at 40 (on top of degenerative disc disease at 38).

I find out how bad the osteo is tomorrow - reluctant to take Alendronic Acid as I've read a lot if negative info about it.

Advice welcomed smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Think its a personal decision but after being diagnosed 18 months ago i declined and set about supplementing my diet which is very good to start with . Its 60% hereditary so i informed the hospital i would look after the other 40% with diet supplements and exercise . If u would like any further info feel free to email
  • Posted

At your age I'd be reluctant to start any of the meds unless you were in critical shape.  None of them can be taken for long, so it would be better to go a natural route.  Also do you know why you have osteoporosis?  Because if there is a factor which can be dealt with that can help you, too.  Google combination of micronutrients osteoporosis for an article which shows micronutrients and exercise  can improve  bone density. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.