should i pay for mri or is it just anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

my symptoms are floaters, light sensivity, visual snow, eye pain from tension, muscle spasms and the worst is visual perception problems such as longer noses and pointy ears with what seems to be a slightly zoomed in reality. I understand anxiety works in many viscious ways but to really effect my eyesight is not something i see alot of people talk about on this forum, any feedback on similiar experiences would be greatly appreciated. im not convinced its completely anxiety and cant a serrious illness bring anxiety on in the 1st place.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to the doctor that suggested an MRI?  i have never had anxiety hit me in this pay. always in my chest or back, even down an arm.  and i have always had some eye twitches..........my anxiety was the cause of my bells palsy once. (  facial paralyzation for a number of months.)  but the eyesick thing is kind of scary.......

my brother is an eye doctor, i might suggest you start there, because they can tell so much about your health through an eye exam. really. he diagnoses all kinds of things inexpensively, and then can refer you on to someone else......just a thought.

• Posted

Hello Geroge. Yes, it's worth seeing an eye doctor or even your GP. They'll be able to give you advice. A quick look into the eyes by a doctor can tell them so much. Believe me, if you need further tests done they'll tell you. So that's the first step. If you've already been to an eye doctor recently and have been cleared, then you can chalk this up to stress and anxiety. My anxiety has indeed caused vision issues in the past. But you need to get checked first just to be sure. I think you're absolutely fine, friend. 

Be well - 

• Posted

thanks for reply ive got an eye test thursday gp looked in myeyes and sid there fine but they don't have all the equipment there for full examination so see what they say on thursday

• Posted

I'm sure things will check out for you, George. Try your very best not to worry!

Best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.