Should I See A Doctor?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So yesterday, I went sledding with a couple friends of mine on a hill. There was one part of the hill, though, that was extremely icy, and slopes down really fast (it also had a bump on the hill)...so I go down it being the stupid person I am, go airborne because of the bump, and land on my back extremely hard, and got the wind knocked out of me. Almost 24 hours later, and my neck/back are in immense pain, I can’t move my neck without it hurting, and i’ve never had neck pain like this before.

Should I see a doctor about this, or will I just be fine recovering at home?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You need medical attention and fast.  You may have a pinched nerve due to a cracked vertebra. Better to be safe than sorry.  
    • Posted

that does seem accurate because the right side of my neck seems like it’s pinched and bruised...i just don’t know if my mom is gonna take me to the doctors because she rarely ever does
    • Posted

Get medical help ASAP..Go in an ambulance if there is no other way to go.
  • Posted

.Three years i slipped on ice and fell backwards on the sidewalk.I was taken by ambulance to ER.I had x rays of my spine and a cat scan of my brain.I didn't have any broken bones or bleeding.

• Posted

In my opinion, you shouldn't take chances if you have had a neck injury.  Many years ago (before mandatory seat belts) I was the passenger in a car that hit the rear of another car and I was propelled forward.  My head cracked the windshield.  My head felt painful to touch and kind of like soft boiled eggs inside.  I went to the doctor and after 6 months all was fine. To get to that point however, I had to go to PT because I could not turn my head left without severe neck pain.  It was difficult for me to drive without being able to look left.  The PT also hurt both during and after so I hated going.  Perhaps PT has improved, like so many things have since then.  Good luck.  BTW, you are not a stupid person!  You probably have gone sledding many times without any problems.  You are always the decision maker about what you do in life.  If something unanticipated happens then consider yourself a risk taker not stupid.  Better to be a risk taker (within reason) then never going out and doing anything because something unpleasant might happen.  Where would we all be without all the risk takers?

• Posted

thank you for your kind words! my parents have said that due to the wind getting knocked out of me and having whiplash (which i forgot to mention in the original message) that it made all my muscles tense, but if this doesn’t get any better or if it gets worse within a week i’m definitely gonna try and talk to my parents and see if i can see a doctor
    • Posted

Hi Snaredrum

?Just wondering how you are doing.  It's been over a week and I hope there has been improvement.  Since we haven't heard anything further from you we don't know what to think.  Better?  Worse?  Same?  If you are better that's great.  If you are the same or worse I hope that your parents are in the process of finding the best doctor for you to see.  It's snowing here in Vancouver (WA) today.  Glad I salted the driveway.  At 71 I do not want to fall!  haha  Best regards, Devs-mom

• Posted

Let us all know how it goes for you.  Wishing you the best.
  • Posted

We want to know.Are you feeling better? Did you go to a doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.