Should I see a doctor? Possible endometriosis.

Posted , 4 users are following.

At age 11, I got my period, and around age 12 I started getting terrible cramps. I didn't realize how bad they were until I passed out in middle school from just the pain. I've passed out maybe 5 times and thrown up 3 times and gag almost every time just from the pain of my period. I can't go to school or work for 1-2 days because the pain is so bad. It's worst every other month about. I can't use tampons or have sex because the entry HURTS SO BAD. And then after an attempt I have cramps for a week. I also get bad diarrhea or constipation every period. I get mild cramps almost every day throughout the month, and this is a recent thing. Ovulating hurts pretty bad, too. I've bled twice from ovulating, and one of the times it was pretty splotchy and dark red. I bleed for maybe 6 days on my period. Sometimes I have trouble urinating, like my pelvic muscles are too tight, but it's not too bad. I also get an awful lower back pain and thigh pain on my period. Advil and the such do nothing for my cramps. I tried Vicodin but it did absolutely nothing. It was too weak!

Should I see a doctor? Is it maybe fibroids, or nothing at all?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Juliet, you need to see a doctor. You need to see a doctor soon. We can't diagnose you and we can't treat you, nor can Dr Quack-quack Google.

You may need a laparoscopy as that is the only absolute way to diagnose endo. Otherwise it's all guess-work.

• Posted

Thanks! I mainly just wanted to see if it's even worth going to a doctor for.

• Posted

I would definitely see what is going on.  See if your OB can do exploratory laparoscopic surgery to see what is going on. 
  • Posted

I'd definitely go and get a check up. Are you on any form of birth control? The hormones can often help with the bleeding and pain you have. I'm so sorry you are having f pain. I know how uncomfortable you must be. My daughter started having issues at age 13. At 15 they did a 5 hour surgery and pathology shows endometriosis stage 3. She was on depo provera shots and a daily bcp - skipping the placebo. This combination finally stopped her bleeding after being on an endless period for 19 months. She's severely depressed and we see numerous doctors to try to help her. She misses school and has become a recluse. The pain she is in is unbearable at times, and she rates it a 3/4/5 on good days up to a 7 on worse days. She functions on a 3/4 pain scale, which is probably a lot more for regular folk. At least once a month she is screaming in agony and we are at the ER. Opioids sometimes help but we really try not to give them to her.

Two weeks ago a miracle happened. Her pain dr have her a Superior Hypogastric Plexus block inj. She is now at a pain level of 2 and has not taken any pain relievers, including Advil it Tylenol for 10 days. She is happier and actually at school each day. Dr says her abdominal nerves are super sensitive and the injection was like putting out a fire. There may be hot spots and embers left, so another shot or two may be in the future. The blocks work on top on one another to increase pain relief. I cannot stop raving about this block. It's been a life saver for my daughter. It's a relatively new procedure, so not many doctors know about it. Check it out! Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.