Should i start on Lisinopril

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been prescribed this drug and am due to take my first 2.5mg on sunday evening. Now, after reading this forum I am seriously doubting whether I will take it. Surely there must be a natural way to reduce BP..... has anybody tried Resperate?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Even though I foung I couldn't tolerate Lisinopril my husband has been on this for awhile now, with no side effects.

I looked up Resperate and it just looks like a machine to train you to breath how dose this relax your veins (Lisinopril is supposed wide the veins to help the blood flow)

I was advise execise is a good way to bring down high blood pressure

• Posted

I am currently taking candersartan 12mg daily and my blood pressure is still rising so desperate to help myself further I purchased a Resperate machine and have been using it for a week now. I had to see my doctor yesterday so told her about it and she took my BP. To both our surprise it was lower, only a little, but enough to give me hope.

It is a pleasant device to use and ensures that you have at least 15 minutes rest per day as well as lowering your breathing rate. A little early to tell, but at least I feel I may have some control after three years and so many horrible side effects, chief of which being very painful dry eyes, which I am told is irreversible.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience of this method.

Jenny

• Posted

I was put on this not for high blood pressure but a kidney problem (protein in urine). I am a type 1 diabetic. I am seeing my GP this week to ask to be taken off. After a month of dry mouth, bad coughing, chest pains, lack of sleep, anxiety attacks, mood swings, sinus problems, affected eyesight, frequent need to wee and no sex drive. Saw my GP after 2 weeks who said I had to persevere, not any more..suffering too many of the side effects and it's sending my blood sugars all over the place. As for my blood pressure, I was always in the normal/low range...I think these tablets have screwed that up.

My advice - ask your GP for another suitable medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.