Should I stay or should I go?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m on my 17th week of Prozac   I recently stepped down from 40mg to 30mg. Previously on 30mg with a number of really good days. That all stopped with the increased dose and after a month I’m back on 30mg  This past week has been terrible. I am so tired and anxious plus I have really bad TMJ. 

I was so determined to get through this taking each day as it came. Now I’m starting to wonder if any of this will calm down? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dropping dose will usually be quite horrid at the start. Just know that it will pass and you should feel how you used to on 30mg. I went from 40mg to 20mg and it felt brutal, but am more stable now. However I don't think Prozac is for me.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. The last few days have been hard to manage. Trying to chill today and feeling a little better. 

Why do you think Prozac is not for you? 

• Posted

I am going into week 18 on 20mg and week 30 on Flu. I think every time you chance, there is a period of adjustment. Depression and anxiety are better but I don’t feel any where near as well as I did 20 years ago on Flu. Just hope it gets there soon   Like you ikeep  asking if I should stay or move on. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your response! The past week has not been the best,  but I think I might be over the worst. 

I keep hoping for those days of ‘clarity’ the sense of freedom I had 5 weeks ago! 

Some of the threads I see on here suggest that 6 months is a more optimistic time line. I so want to make this work.  

We’re on a similar path. I hope it all works out for you. 

• Posted

It’s hard to say. What does your Dr. think. I gave it 8 weeks. When they raised it to 30 I said no way. I so no improvement > I have been on generic Lexapro for 19 days now at 10mgs. It seems to have much less side effects for me. This is sooo frustrating. I know

• Posted

If you saw progress and good days on 30. It will happen again.
    • Posted

Thank you!

I will see my doctor next week. She feels that any adjustment can take up to 3 weeks to start working. We shall see! 

It is frustrating ! Hopefully we will both find a resolution. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.