Should I stick with this - am scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well like other members the worst thing happened to me yesterday. Had had some fried food on Saturday and thought I had got away with it. bent over in the garden and did not even need to fart. Oil poured out of me. Looked like my pants had been dipped in Iron Bru. What if that had happened at work? Am not sure whether to continue with the pilsl,. This is only my second week. :oops:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

Depends how far the toilet is from where you work? :D

I have found that when I need to go, I go, it's out and then it's ok. So the odd bad lunch at work can be dealt with if need be. I do carry round a spare pair of pants and some wet wipes just in case, but the thing is that if you don't eat the fatty food at work then it won't happen! If this is your first accident in 2 weeks then you must know what to eat and not eat so my suggestion would be if you want to stick with it then just don't eat what you know you can't!

xx

• Posted

Thank you for that. I think what freaked me out the most was that I didn't even have the urge to go to the toilet. There was no sensation other than oil running out! You are right though I know what caused it and will be stricter with what I eat.
  • Posted

i had the same \"accident\" as you thankfully both time i was in asda and although did not get to loo in time was easy for hubby to do quick dash around store for dome wet ones and new knickers. while he was doing that i was frantically drying off jeans with fan that i had rinsed through underneath. now we have spare set of clothes etc in bag in boot of car and since putting them have not had another \"accident\" since thank god
  • Posted

I've got a little trick that makes me feel a bit more confident when I think I've eaten a fattier meal than usual. I too carry around a travel pack of wet wipes, but I also have a little bag of those flat circular cotton wool pads which I place in the -- ahem, appropriate position for extra protection. Its actually not uncomfortable at all, don't even notice it is there. It hasn't happened yet, but hoping that in the even of an \"accident\" it will soak up the oil in time for me to sort myself out.

Sorry if that is a bit too much information, but thought others might find it useful!!!

• Posted

cotton wool pads is a great tip. thanks for that. Also will make sure I have spare clothes in the boot of the car. How may fat grams a day are people aiming for. I am sticking to 30 gsm max and have lost another 2lbs this week making a total of 6lbs. Also have polycycstic ovaries whcih makes losing weight really difficult so am well chuffed. :P
  • Posted

i have PCOS also which is one of the reasons i have been given orlistat! how much fat do i need to keep under to avoid these accidents?!?! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.