Should I still have CT scan?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have not yet been diagnosed with diverticulitis, but after looking online there is little to no doubt in my mind that is what I am suffering from. After intense pain for 3 days I have now been on a liquid diet for 4 days and seem to be getting much better FINALLY! 

Problem is that my CT scan isn’t for 5 more days. Should I cancel this scan? If I am not having a flare up will they even be able to see a problem?  Don’t necessarily want to spend the time & money to just be told ‘nothing can be seen, head home and wait for it to happen again’ 

Thoughts?? 

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up