Should I stop going to work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I haven't posted on here for a long time but just need some opinions on this. 6 year veteran of insomnia btw, no help provided.

It's 3am, I have been awake for 4 days (again) and this time I can actually feel my mental health being affected. I'm losing my mind but luckily smart enough to realise it. I knew this would happen eventually, I told everyone around me including family, friends and GPs and nobody took it seriously.

My question is do I put my health before my job? Might seem like a no brainer but I'm going to Thailand in June to try and bring some meaning back into my life (sleep deprivation is literally killing me..) and could do with the extra money. But how am I meant to have a good holiday in a sleep deprived state? When I'm not at work I usually get some sleep, enough to stay sane anyway. Don't ask why as I honestly don't know and it's been like this for many years.

Thanks..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you having good exercise and stressfree day for you to sleep at night? 
    • Posted

Exercise yes. Stress free, I wish. But most of my stress is brought on by lack of sleep.

I eat well, lots of food high in tryptophan. Bought new pillows recently, tried cherry juice, chelated magnesium, pumpkin seeds/walnuts on a night to promote sleep...... Tried all this in the last month. Nothing works on me, including sleep meds which I haven't touched in a long while.

Basically I'm back in hell again with this with no light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

Eating well is all good, but with that you need to exercise too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.