Should i stop mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening all, after going cold turkey for 6 days from 7.5mg I went back on mirtazipine at 15mg for 2 days then doctor told me to go 30mg which was 5 days ago but since I went cold turkey I've been suffering from a panic disorder which I never normally have (i have anxiety ) I think the mirtazapine is doing more harm than good, it's making me feel like I don't want to live any more but I don't want to die because I still have hope! I've got really bad depersonalisation too since coming off mirtazapine and I thought once I took it again it would go away! I'm waiting another couple of days then I'm going to wean off it...every waking second is a nightmare all I do all day is Google about mirtazapine and anxiety cures...I keep thinking today I'm going to get a bottle of vodka and pills but then I think of my little boy, I've been going through a bad patch since July, this is never ending! I can't except these feelings....I really want to drink alcohol and get drunk to get some relief but I know the next day it will be pure hell which I'm already in....doctors don't know jack $hit about antidepressants....I said to my husband when I feel better I'm gonna dance around the garden naked lol! I'm in constant panic, I just feel side effects all the time off these damn pills! Nothing distracts me apart from having my dose of mirtazapine at 9pm and watching the history channel till I doze off! Ready for another day of hell 😈

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would give it a few weeks .. You will always feel worse to begin with. Try to distract yourself during the day. Get yourself out & go for a walk, or do something else that will distract you. The more you dwell on things the worse they will be. But just remember your suffering is temporary, it will subside.

• Posted

Aw Pamela I feel your pain. I’m going through patch where I’m taking it and then I stop for couple of nights then restart on it. This week has been really hard I haven’t been able to leave the house for my anxiety and horrible thoughts aswell. Every time I feel like I want to go out I get really nervous heart beating and sweats I can’t win on them or off them. I’ve made a appointment for my doctor and I’ll await to see what he says. Don’t drink alcohol I’ve been there and done it and the next day is more daunting than usual because of the hangover and the fear I’m here if you need to talk but I’m so frustrated also and don’t know where to turn. 😭😭😭 x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply juls sorry you are still suffering on mirtazipine, I've been on 30mg for over a week now but my anxiety is horrendous, I too get panicky when going out, I never use to be! Going to pick my son up from school is really bad! I really don't know what to do! My anxiety has never been this bad! Mornings are worse I was quite depressed this morning and cried but the depression has subsided! But I keep feeling so detached at certain times of the day! Let me know how you get on the doctors juls I feel my doctors don't have a clue about mental health and they should have special mental health doctors at the surgery! Take care Juls x

• Posted

I know it’s comes in waves even going for food shop is taking it out on me I’m rushing around and all the while trying to be stable for my kids. I’m at docs at half 3 I’m in Scotland don’t know where you are but in Scotland it’s only normal gps unless you are psychotic which I’m not. Well I don’t think I am lol. Thanks Pamela hoping you have good day I’ll let you know how I get on. X

• Posted

I could not cope with a food shop! I hate supermarkets when I'm feeling OK lol! I do mine online lol 😊 I hope all goes well at doctors juls x

• Posted

P.S I live in Middlesbrough in the north east of England

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.