Should I stop taking mirtazapine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was given a new brand of mirtazapine a week and a half ago and I have been getting terrible side effects from it, horrendous anxiety, crying spells, heart palpitations no appetite and insomnia I told my doctor and he gave me a new prescription for the sandoz brand but I've rang the sandoz company and they have stopped making it! I can't bear these side effects anymore the doctor's has given me a few diazepam. ..should I just stop taking the mirtazapine? I'm only on 7.5mg and can't take this much more! I've been on it for a year 😦 pretty please give me some advice...I was given a different brand yesterday which I had last night but today I feel like a zombie like it was the 1st time I started mirtazapine.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is quite unusual although I have heard different brands can cause a 'reaction' but nothing like what you are describing.  In mho, the fact that the 'different brand' which you took last night has had thus knock out effect / it sounds like it could work for you.  

So which brand did you take last night?  And has the anxiety gone?

• Posted

I tried the zispin brand last night...didn't sleep well and I've still had bad anxiety but have felt like a zombie today, like the same side effects of starting mirtazapine all over again.

• Posted

Yes unbearable anxiety I've had to take some diazepam which I got off the doc today

• Posted

But the zombie effects could be the Diazapam right ?

I don't think I would just stop taking Mirt ... it could come right again, fingers crossed.

It's hard to deal with bad anxiety, I've read it burns out, eventually.  Have a look at Dare   response.  com for support & download the app to your mobile - it can really help you to "leannin to anxiety" which helps defuse it.  

• Posted

No felt like a zombie before the diazepam. I feel a bit better today; but I am not sleeping properly, normally mirtazapine gives me a good night sleep! Thanks for the advice on the DARE I bought the book of kindle and haven't been able to put it down lol...I've also downloaded the app ?

• Posted

Glad you're finding the Dare Response useful.  Did you find the support group on Facebook ok.

You might find your system will settle down after a few nights, best wishes 😊

• Posted

Hi

Listen to calmer. It sounds like the new Mert is working, may take a few days to stabilize. Try and hang in there.  If you are thinking of going CT at 7.5mg , think very hard .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.