Should I stop the pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started the mini pill mid Sept, I then found out that it contained lactose so my doctor advised me to try the implant as it was still the same but with the lactose, I got it put in on the 1st Oct. I have now been on a period for just over 2 mths, my doctor put me back on the mini pill for 3 mths a couple of weeks which I also have to take meds to conteract the lactose, the trouble is, I feel it has made my period worse, it is heavier and I can no longer sleep overnight with protection, which I could do before, I know it takes a while for the body to adjust but I don't know if I should stop the pill and see how it goes or keep going with them. It is driving me nuts

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The implant is know to give heavy periods that last a long time. The mini pill is suppose to regular your period and get it on track. I never had any luck with it unfortunately. I suffered thru it for 3 years with month long periods. I eventually had it removed and got the Mirena IUD and haven't had a period at all. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, I decided to stop the pill and carry on with the implant on its own, I might give it another couple of mths before I give up, at least then I can say I had given it 3-4 mths of trying .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.