Should I take my antibiotics

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear all, I suffer with Bronchiectasis and have caught a cold, with a dry cough, and the usual muscus, I cough up is not there at the moment. I had a cold earlier this year which developed into a sinus and chest infection that was cleared by antibiotics. Is the cough I have now part of the cold, viral. I had a two week emergency store of antibiotics in case of infection. I do not want to take them needlessly. Should I wait to see how thing progress or take the antibiotics now. Best Regards Peter.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I just had the same problem felt it coming and tried to just clear it up on my own,ended in the ER gave me the treatment and antibiotics cleared up in 2 days from now on when I feel it I will get or take what I know works,your call but from now on, not worth the wait for me.

Best,

• Posted

Hi, I would agree with the other reply however everyone is different. When I have waited I got into trouble, for me powering through doesn't work!

Hope you feel improved soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies  but if the cough is  part of the cold, and viral, will the antibiotics work at the moment. Not sure what to do, as its not easy getting a supply of the right antibiotics from the doctor.
  • Posted

Hi peterandr05786

I can always tell by the colour of any mucus, but if your not coughing any up bit hard to tell. I also feel off when i am starting into an infection. How hard is it to get prescription from Dr.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.