Should i take them

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have the perscription sitting here with me, and after reading your stories I dont want to take them.

Now I dont know what to do.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey CM,

Choices Choices......i can totally understand why you wouldnt want to take them. But what do you have to lose by taking them??? I cant think of anything - but i guess thats me.

I have just received my 3rd repeat prescription of Flu and ill certainly be cashing it in with the hope its my last one. I intend to use my final packet to reduce the dosage to one every two-three days and then stop in May.

The side effects vary from person to person and some fortunate souls have no side effects whatsoever thus their recovery is quicker and virtually painless.

The worst thing you can do is sit there and contemplate the pros and cons of these pills as it will drive you away from recovery and make you feel worse. Please make the right choice and jump on the bandwagon to beating this horrible situation.

• Posted

hey cheekymullet,

don't worry, everybody is different. I guess reading theese stories can be quite scary. It doesn't mean you will have the same experiences tho.

I recomend it. It's not that bad. Once your body gets use to them they are quite good actually. It's a nice feeling...

All the best

M

• Posted

Hi

I do feel for you as it must be scary reading the side effects we all have before you have taken your first one but like HT said what have you to lose as things can only get better from today??

You might be unlucky like a lot of us and have a rough first week but stick with it ok we are all here for you to give support xx

Keep posting ok and let us know how your getting on etc

Nicki B

• Posted

Hi Cheekymullet

I'd say give flu a go. I'd suggest taking it in the morning before breakfast. That was the best for me and alot of other people. You may be lucky and not get any side effects, i did but i assure you once they are in your system and working you'll be pleased you started them.

Good luck whichever you choose. Let us know.

SamB

• Posted

i'm on day 17 and haven't found the side effects too bad - was very cold / chilled for first week but that has stopped now without me really noticing - get a muggy head and not sleeping well but that could be my situation not the tablets - found out OH having affair he doesn't know i know and trying to keep everything normal for kids - wouldn't have got through last couple of weeks without the tablets
  • Posted

Hi cheekymullet,

Reading about the side effects can put you off but don’t let it. I had a few difficult night’s sleep during the first week of taking Fluo (now on 8 weeks) but don’t have that at all anymore. I would definitely recommend trying them, if they don’t agree your doctor can suggest something different.

• Posted

HI cm,

I have just started takin them today. The way I look at it, anythings better than feelin the way I feel now. I just want to be back to my old self and if these pills can help, then theres no question for me.

• Posted

i totally agree with louisem above. the only problem i had in the first 2 weeks was sleeping. normally i can sleep for scotland but i had difficulty at first and could only put that down to starting the tablets. that makes you more anxious because you're not getting a good nights sleep but after a wee while your sleeping patterns return to normal. good luck and go for it.
  • Posted

smile you will be fine. Im so glad i started these, whatever side effects you get the feeling you have after they've gone will out weigh them i promise! :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.