Should I tell PIP about mobility worsening

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been claiming PIP and the past 10 months my mobility has got worse, I haven't informed them because I have read so many horror stories of ppl's PIP being stopped. I have psoriatic arthritis generalized arthritis, Fibromyalgia, a herniated disc and anxiety and depression, I have also been diagnosed with severe vitamin d deficiency, Any advice PLEASE... I hope this is ok as I am new on here... Thank you  

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa,your gp must write that you can't walk for more than 20 metres aided or unaided. You will then be fine.

Send the letter (keeping a copy) to the Wolverhampton address.

Good luck. Best wishes. Daniel

• Posted

Hi Lisa 

Thats a very difficult decision, as you said if you tell them they might do an assement and stop your money but it could go your way and increase your payment. 

Which do you get at the moment? the Lower Rate ( daily living allowance) ? or upper rate (mobility rate) ? 

When are you due your next review? 

Personally if your getting by on what your getting I wouldnt say anything. 

but its up to you. 

• Posted

Are you on the lower rate or higher rate?

if you go to disabilityrightsuk org and search for PIP, they have a descriptor sheet that will help you to decide if it's worth reapplying or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.