Should I text him or wait to hear from him?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had another post in here but here's a brief summary of where I'm at.

I went to visit my friend in June for a few days and he relapsed while I was there. ( I say friend but at times it was more, we have had a phsical and emotional relationship, however he still says he is straight but just fell for me). From the minute I arrived for the next 3 days he drank and went on a cocaine binge. It resulted in him getting very paranoid, accusing me of texting his mother (still lives with parents, and they had just gone on holidays for week), watching my every move and checking my phone. It ended up that on third night he started getting very abusive verbally to me but I feared it could get physically abusive and despite my efforts to get him to contact sponsor it didn't work. So I walked out and went to stay in a hotel. He went mad and told me not to contact him again, I was devasted in a city I was unfamiliar with, on my own and missing my friend after we had planned this for 6 months. I tried ringing him the next day to explain why I left but he told me it was all my fault, he tried to commit suicide because I left and told me to go f"*k myself. So I returned home on an early flight devasted. His mum rang me the next day to say he had been admitted to a rehab facility, and had told her the reason I walked out was completely different than the real reason, think he was afraid they might find out about his sexuality. So she has kept in touch with me to say he is doing well. He is there nearly 4 weeks. The thing is, he has his phone now in the evenings for an hour or so. I can see he is online as it's WhatsApp and it's really upsetting to think he's in rehab on his phone and he hasn't reached out to text me. I had sent him 2 messages a couple of weeks ago which didn't go through, but they were delivered only this week so it may be he only turned his phone on this week, but he read my messages, one just said I missed him and still no answer. Should I text him and see where he's at offering support or wait for him to contact? My friends seem to think I'd be crazy to text him as he should be messaging me to apologise. I kind of agree hence why I haven't text him yet, but I'm so frustrated to see him online and not hear from him when I feel there's so much needs talking about. I know he's in best place and needs to focus on himself, but being on his phone to other people is sad to see as we were so close. All advice welcome, as I'm struggling big time at the moment. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Don't cave! You've done well to get this far without communicating. Eventually, the frustation will subside and you'll learn how to accept and eventually move on. You being going to steps forward, one step back, if you did!

• Posted

**You'll be

• Posted

You've hit the nail on the head, it's frustration!!!! I'm frustrated to see him online, and not even a thought to say, he will be in contact when he's out, or an apology or anything! Cannot fathom how he's being so cold. Granted if he wasn't contacting anyone, but he is messaging some people, so I'm guessing he's still blaming me.

• Posted

One thing that is difficult, but a way to help you find inner piece is, forgiving someone who is not sorry for there actions. Believe me, once you do, you will be able to move on. Perhaps work on that, then seeing him online will become much easier and in the end, you'll not be bothered (hopefully).

• Posted

*peace
    • Posted

I'll give anything a try! Thanks again

• Posted

Also, do you think that if he is not comfortable with his sexuality, and now his parents know I'm gay (don't think they did before this) that he might now push me away to cover himself?

• Posted

They may be accepting of it to be honest. If they know you, for you and not your sexuality. Just see what comes of this. He may be fighting his feeling for you to be honest.
  • Posted

BUT do not message him. If he genuinely feels the same towards you he'll reach out.

• Posted

Yeh his mum told me she would rather him alive than hide his sexuality whatever it is. That's true, if he feels the same he will reach out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.