Should I undergo the surgery? (varicocele and monorchism)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ''Patient'' community,

I'm 25 years old and, as the title-question states, I only have one testicle due to a medical problem that I faced (testicular torsion). My testicle got a 3rd grade varicocele and I'm thinking of undergoing the surgery in order to cure my testicle.

I've seen about 3 doctors and only one of them insists that I get the surgery, because, according to him, the varicocele will lead my testicle to atrophy if left untreated. The other 2 doctors are kind of hesitating, telling me that the potential surgery complications might be really harmful, especially if you consider that I only got one testicle.

To be honest, I tend more towards the decision of getting the surgery. Having one testicle isn't really affecting me. Having one testicle with varicocele is what's affecting me. I have noticed some testicle shrinkage and a decrease in my sex drive, both of which are affecting my mental health to some degree. But having seen 3 different doctors and having heard 3 different opinions makes me feel confused about which road to follow.

What's your opinion? Do you think that I should get the surgery? Did you ever have a similar experience?

Thank you very much for your time.

Son

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You should only have surgery when there are no other options. Surgery is a last resort, try home remedies, doctors advice and google.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.