Should I up my dose?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been on 20mg cit for a little over 4 months and although I have seen some improvement, I am still struggling every day and seem to be slipping back a bit. I was wondering if an increase in dosage would help or whether I'd be better persevering for a while longer?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Apart from medication have you received any other help? Are you taking for depression, anxiety or both?

• Posted

Hi Alex,

I'm taking it for anxiety and do have some better times/days but overall I am still having a tough time. I'm not having any other treatment though I'm also hypothyroid and menopausal so doc says that this is also affecting how I feel.

• Posted

Im on 10 mg and on day 6 and feel pretty rotten b glad when they start to work
  • Posted

Vix

It's very hard to say as the meds affect people differently. I was on 20mg for three months & never settled with the medication , I had a few respites for a few days here & there but in the end realised I was happier without them. Doctor advised possibly increase my dose but I asked if I could try reducing . Been nearly two weeks on 10 mg & feel great , the affect of the reduction was almost instantaneous. As I said I'm not qualified but this was my experience .

• Posted

Hi tomhopeful i been on 10 mg for 6 days plz tell me it gets better
    • Posted

Tammy

It will definetly get better, if possible try & take the pressure of yourself for another 10 days just look at it as any other illness , I felt so useless for the first few weeks as I was finding it hard to interact with the kids etc & this made me stress even more , try & be kind to yourself & keep reminding yourself that you will feel much better in a weeks time, good luck & let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Thanx for that realy helps to talk to someone just get panicky and dont know how to get out of it
    • Posted

Hi Tom,

Do you feel better now than before you started on cit?

• Posted

Yeh much better thanks, I was prescribed 20mg cit for unexplained reoccurring low mood swings . My doctor was advised by the local psychiatric department & was not to happy about pescribing the meds without them seeing me first but we went ahead anyway , long story short , my depression became mostly permanent along with lots of other nasty side affects before I cut back to 10mg two weeks ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.