Should I wait

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good morning,

I saw a doctor yesterday about scheduling my vasectomy. When I talked to the nurse I did let her know I have a trip to North Carolina that I'm leaving for on June 15th, but I wanted to schedule the procedure as soon as possible. The earliest day she had was Wednesday the 30th, but I should wait until I get back before having the procedure done. I have a 10 hour drive that I'm splitting in half. Is she being overly cautious or should I wait?

Thanks for the advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You usually need 2 to 3 days full rest after vasectomy. A further 4 to 5 days of light work is advised.

Make sure you read up on risks of post vasectomy pain syndrome.

Sadly most doctors and nurses do not inform the patient of this risk, because they tend to be more interested in profit than your well-being.

NHS in United Kingdom risks at 10% and the American risk figures are 30% plus

If the doctor and nurse you spoke to didn't mention postvasectomypain syndrome then you really need to question the honesty and viability of that doctor

• Posted

You should NOT have a snip before your journey and in my opinion I wouldn't have one at all. The British urologist

org.say about 15% of patients have Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome ( long term pain) as well as all the other horrible side effects. Don't get conned into this "simple operation" ( Only simple for the medics ) Also you still get all the horrible side effects AFTER you don't even need contraception!!!! 

• Posted

Had vas, closed ended in 2005. Pain ever since. Epididymis swelling, sometimes marble size lumps that eventually go away.  Not worth it. Always have pain about 2 out of 10. Sometimes 6 out of 10. All this week I can barely sit at chair, pain is at 6. Couple times a year I get a swelling the size of small marble, pain goes to 7-8. Get ultrasound and everytime ultrasound seems to break up congestion within minutes...not infection because blood work doesn't show it. Its congestion in epei. Way the risks, they are much higher than most doctors say. Do your research. Just search Post vas pain....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.