Should I worry

Posted , 3 users are following.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

"Should I worry ? 29 as in age ?

​I'm presuming because it's under the discussion of Angina.

Typically No but can and does happen in younger people especially Prinzmetal Angina.

Is this what you are asking ...should you worry about Angina ?

• Posted

Many apologies my phone froze as I was writing I didn't know it got posted

I had a chest pain episode yesterday whilst on a trampoline (I have bad dietary habits) and I ended up in hospital

The doctors wanted a blood test but dto severe phobia of needles I had a panic attack

Doctor told me to take it easy and eat healthy and I should be ok as I'm low riskier

• Posted

Sorry for 2 replies my phone is really messed up atm

Its the following day of the episode and I woke up with my arms folded its now nearly bed time and my left arm has ached all day and I generally don't feel well or energetic I'm going to try to goto the doctors tomorrow

Is it normal to feel like this after a possible case of angina?

• Posted

Hi,

​It's easy for them to say  take it easy and eat healthy smile  I was around your age when they found I had  a weird lipid profile, extremely high cholestrol, I would like to think I eat healthy, when I was younger around the 18-22 years of age mark I did indulge in take aways for lunch whilst at work .

There's no real definite answer I suppose with out a blood test, I'm fully sympathetic towards you phobia of needles as I have a nephew who suffers the same thing about needles, All I can say is just turn your head away,think positive thoughts,think of something funny smile most nurses are extremely good at drawing blood and you don't really feel the needle prick, I have tough skin and I don't feel needles going in unless I get a doctor that is gun ho with needles and just drives them in anywhere they can see a vein, here they usually get a nurse to do it so the doctors can continue on seeing other patients (all about the money...lol...)

​So really with out a full blood work up , ECG , blood sugar levels and a few trips to your GP to get a blood pressure baseline, especially if it's high on first visit, but your blood pressure usually is slightly higher while waiting for the doctor and they take that into account, that seems to be pretty normal for everyone as none of us like to sit around and wait to be seen, especially if it's a doctor like mine, say I have an appointment at 4.30 in the afternoon 9 times out of 10 I won't get in to see him until around 5-5.15pm and that can kind of make people a bit agitated and raise the blood pressure a bit smile

• Posted

Hopefully I can get an appointment tomorrownand get some Valium to help me through the blood test... My arm is constantly aching and my chest don't feel right its midnight now on the following day I thought I'd at least feel slightly better by now
    • Posted

After you have your valium perhaps ask them if you can have the spray or it swabbed on, The name of it is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't spit it out, it's used on children and people like you who have a phobia of needles, what it does is numb the intended injection site so that you don't feel the needle, I have been told you can't feel it ( how true that is I couldn't tell you )

​If you are experiencing chest pain and radiating pain like down your left arm I'd suggest calling an ambulance and taken to you local emergency department, it's far better to be told you are not having a heart attack than sitting at home wondering/waiting for something to happen, you are only going to get more stressed out.... that way they can do all the tests in Emergency and have the results back to you with in 45 minutes to an hour, what the usual procedure is that they take blood and test for a troponin rise, if it raised then you would be seen to by cardiolgy in the emergency department....

If it's really painful get onto your phone and call the ambulance...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.