Should I worry about my chain dreams? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

1. I have excessive drowsiness during the day. I fall asleep everywhere if I don’t constantly remind my body to stay awake, even when I’ve had a full eight hours of sleep.

2. No matter how many hours of sleep I get, I notice how I am always sluggish in the morning but start to get active around 4pm to 2am. 

3. Even when I try to sleep in the right hours with nothing pressuring me, I have a hard time falling asleep at around 9pm.

4. My dreams most oftenly become dream within a dream within a dream within a dream. I call them chain dreams. And I consciously have them. It starts with my first dream and then when I’m in a nightmare or when I’m bored, I can choose to let my character sleep and I end up in her dream. This continues for usually 3 to 4 sub dreams. I tried going into the fifth one, but going back was twice as hard. I have to consciously chant the name of my last character and last scenario. This time I had to sort of scream it. That’s why now I just limit myself to three, but I might lose control??? 

5. Sometimes, when I finally wake up into reality, I get sleep paralysis with ghosts and monsters appearing. They choke me or tug at my hair. They feel so real and up close. I just close my eyes and pray. 

Should I be concerned? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I believe that you need to change your sleep schedule (go to bed between 10 and 11 PM and wake up between 6 and 7 AM). Besides the dreams, how is the rest of the day? Care to describe it? Do your dreams occur on a daily basis?
    • Posted

Yes they do appear on a daily basis and also, the rest of my day is pretty normal except for the sudden dozing off when I’m in the comfort room, in class, when eating, in cars. I sleep literally everywhere even when I don’t necessarily want to. Though, I wasn’t always like this... started around one and a half years ago I guess. My guidance counselor also suspects I have depression and anxiety disorder, which I’m planning to get checked for soon. could that affect it? 
    • Posted

I have no idea.  That would not be my cause.  In my case I think it may be inactivity in later years!
    • Posted

Depression and anxiety can affect your life in a strange way. I've had them for years and I have seen what they can do to someone. If it started out of the blue, it might be a form of anxiety. If so, I would recommend CBT, exercise and a healthy diet.

• Posted

I entirely endorse andybb reply.  I often doze off during the day - at home, on a train, a bus etc.  My GP advice was to go to bed much earlier at 21.30 and has prescribed a mild dose (3.75mg) to take during the evening to help me drop off at 21.30 for my 8 hours. 
  • Posted

I entirely endorse andybb reply.  I often doze off during the day - at home, on a train, a bus etc.  My GP advice was to go to bed much earlier at 21.30 and has prescribed a mild dose (3.75mg) zopiclone to take during the evening to help me drop off at 21.30 for my 8 hours
  • Posted

That sounds very like Sometihng from the movie inception .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.