should my dr have told me i was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia six years ago and not treated

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had psychosis in 2005 by accident i found out i was diagnosed paranoid schizophreniac in 2009 and only found out in 2014 and not treated dr is undeer investigation for lack of care ..has thiis happened to anyone else ..my life has been terrible for a decade due to poor health care by nhs mental health services

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi angela

I think I may know how shocked you must be feeling as something similar has happened to me.

I am glad to hear your doctor is under investigation for lack of care because that is exactly what it is - lack of care!

How are you doing now? Are you with another doctor and getting the help you need at last?

I wish you the very best.

S

• Posted

Dear Angela, I feel so angry on your behalf, its appalling. I'm glad the doctor is being investigated, he should be in prison.

I hope you are able to get the care and attention you deserve and move on and find some happiness in life. This person has no right being called a doctor. I hope you are able to get some answers.

This hasn't happened to me but I just wanted to offer you my support and good wishes. I hope you are now receiving the appropriate care and can go on to live a happier life.

• Posted

Hi Angela, I'm so happy to hear your

Doing a lot better 😊 what happened

To you is shocking! Doctors have a

Duty of care to their patients, its good

To see they are being investigated!

When my dear Aunt was suffering

With shortness of breath and bringing

Up tar from her lungs her doctor (who

Was on call) was out drinking! He

Turned up to her house drunk!

The treatment she had was awful

Sadly she passed away that night

Due to bronchial pneumonia, the

Doctor was investigated and struck

Off the GMC register! I hope your

Doctor gets severely punished for

What he/she has done to you! Take

Care of yourself, thinking of you 😊

Kate

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.