Should one go to the ER after accidentally getting hurt in the lower abdominal area or the pelvis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband accidentally got hurt either in the lower abdominal area, or the pelvis. I do not understand the anatomy, so I am not sure exactly of which, but from the pictures I have seen on the internet it  seems to be the pelvic area. He seems to have gotten injured a little above the base of his penis. We are going to go to the doctor tomorrow, however I am worried as at first it was only hurting when he pressed, but now it hurts regardless, and he felt a bit nauseous today. There is no bruising. The injury happened as he was walking; he got hurt fairly hard on the edge of a piece of a metal piece of furniture.

So far, I have observed no fever. He says there is no blood in his urine, nor his stool.

Should we go to the ER or is it alright to wait until tomorrow? Can this be dangerous?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what to say but I guess I would call the ER and explain what happened and how he is feeling and see what they suggest.  One way or another it's good that he has a doctors appointment tomorrow.  Good wishes to you both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.