shoulder.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having an endoscopy next tuesday and an ultrasound of gallbladder on the 14th. My right shoulder/back feels sore and it's starting to feel sore at the top of my arm too.  Anyone else have this with gallstones/gallbladder? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have gallstones and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed. Strangely enough these other symptoms seem to have developed with me today. I did not notice them till I got out of bed. It may just be that i have slept in an awkward position?
  • Posted

Mines been like this for months.
  • Posted

I had terrible back pain before having my gall bladder out, it's called referred pain.
  • Posted

I have shoulders jd top of right  arm pain , chest pain, back pain , and lower belly pain , for which I had cat scan for last year and they couldn't find anything wrong with me , the consultant seems to think the gallstones are causing all this pain, as phoebe white said could be refered pain I'm in agony , I had five weeks off of work trying to settle pain, went back today and feel awful now but it's ten weeks till operation , I'm praying it settles down with my change of eating habits but can't seem to get that right at moment , I've been having more fibre but it's caused diorhea at the moment so need to regulate that. 
  • Posted

Yes before my surgery I had terrible pain in my  right shoulder and irradiating to my back. All the nerves would get affected. They are common side effects of gallstones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.