Shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a shoulder problem in my left side now for over 1 year I have had mri scan ultra sound they have all came back clear when I have a shooting pain in my shoulder and gives me pins and needles in my hand and the doctor has given me stronger pain killers but they don't work been seeing a physio but they have given me a tens machine but that isn't helping just making the pain worse when u switch it off and it is worse at night time and if I use my arm too much as I am left handed what should I do xxx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem. couldn't sleep because slight movement caused jolting pain from shoulder to finger tips.

I had it diagnosed as Frozen Shoulder. Options were surgery, cortezone shot or physical therapy.

I went with physical therapy for 3 sessions and decided to develop my own exercises. They told me it would take 2 yrs of physical therapy. I got my range of motion back in 3 months using my exercise. It was painful but got easier and easier to do.

Recovery rate depends on your personal pain threshold.

• Posted

one exercise

lie on your back with left arm extended on the ground at 90 degrees from your body. Roll your body over towards your arm. Go as far as you can. Roll to flat position and repeat ( 50-100 times). My shoulder gave a clicking sound like something popping. The meniscus forms adhesions to the joint. The sound is breaking of the adhesion points. This really helped reduce my pain.

To get my range of motion required other exercises. Good luck. If this works for you and you need additional help, contact me.

• Posted

my left shoulder is giving me lots of pain and worse at night when I try to sleep

i have an appt with shoulder doctor next week

Pain started due to me having to pull myself up and down stairs with shoulder getting overuse all due to broken ankle

Also getting pins and needles in fingers

Who thought one injury would lead to another???

• Posted

My physio gave me a tense machine to use but it has made my shoulder worse made it all swollen and very sore can't move it that much what should I do carry on using it or go back to gp nd get it sorted but the trouble is my work is very hard as I work in a pet shop and constant on the go packing customers shopping and we sell from horse feed to hamster food

• Posted

Just been and seen my gp he has given me pregamblin tablets to take 2x a day and signed me off for heavy lifting for a month

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.