Shoulder and arm pain, weakness

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 17, male and I injured my right shoulder about 3-4 months ago by sitting behind a computer. Doctors just told me to rest, but it only got worse and worse. Started with neck and shoulder pain, but then that disappeared and left me only with a weak arm.

About two weeks ago I pulled a heavy object with my left arm and got the same condition on my left shoulder.

Now with both of my arms useless I can only wait for the next doctor's appointment because both my arms hurt after the slightest use. After basic use, even typing this on my phone gives me a tingling sensation in all my fingers and my arms start to feel very heavy, i just want to put them to rest.

I have full range of motion. A basic CT scan showed nothing, now I am waiting for a contrast scan but the waiting line is too long. My physical therapist told me I have weak back shoulder muscles and imbalance in my shoulders. He gave me some exercises, which do not help.

This is getting worse every day and my arms are practically useless. I would really appreciate any help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

oh im sorry, how are you doing now? Sounds like you might have some nerve injury?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.