Shoulder and chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing some shoulder pain - which I hear is normal after having your gallbladder removed. But I've also experienced some slight chest pain on the right side of my chest. Has anyone else experienced that after surgery? What did you do about it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask how long ago you had your gallbladder out? Mine was taken out on the 19th May and I am starting to get back to normal now. I still have some discomfort on the right side where my gallbladder was but it seems to be getting better every day, touch wood!
    • Posted

I had mine out on the 14th. And it sounds like our recovery is going about the same
    • Posted

Yeah I have to say that I really want this right sided discomfort to go. It's making me so wary of what I eat and do for fear of an attack. Though I know the gallbladder is gone, it still feels like it's there. It's probably psychological but hard to get over until that discomfort has gone.
  • Posted

Hi, I had my Gallbladder removed 8 days ago, and am also experiencing shoulder and chest pain although only mild, im assuming it's related to the gas they use during surgery and will subside in its own time. My tummy area is still very swollen and I would struggle to get into my jeans so living in elasticated trousers lol. How long does it take for the swelling to subside? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.