Shoulder and chest pain? Anxiety? Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've done a lot this weekend. Lifting light boxes, reorganizing, lifting my 6 month old 24/7.. I have this recurring pain under my left shoulder blade and left shoulder and under my left breast in my ribcage. It is worse when I take a breath in. Also a bit of discomfort in my chest on the right side (maybe once or twice a day). I of course googled, because I can't take my own advice to stay off of it. Now my health anxiety prone self is terrified that this really is related to my heart or lung cancer. I had an ekg not too long ago along with chest xray and a CT scan (all in February). Could it be my heart? Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get those sharp pains that come and go also. I can't figure out if it's my breast or breast bone. I've had a cardio work up done also back in March and everything was good. I don't know what it could be. Had breast exam done also. All good. Everyone says it's anxiety/stress.
  • Posted

I think it is your anxiety consider therapy it teaches you how to deal and cope with health anxietycry
  • Posted

Since you just had all those tests in February, I think you are feeling pains from your working out with boxes etc. Remember when you strain a nerve can get irritated that could account for the sharp sporadic pains.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, throughout the day I've noticed it not happen as much. Seems to mostly happen when I wake up so I guess it's from sleeping the wrong way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.