Shoulder and Shoulder Blade Pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I noticed in May that my right shoulder was achy. I had xrays done of it in December 2020 and was told that it was "just" arthritis. The pain was getting worse and I moved office locations in September and was carrying a lot of boxes. The shoulder then was constantly sore deep inside the shoulder blade and with movement it clicks/catches. The pain was awful at night. September 27 I went to see an ortho doctor who said there was a lot of inflammation. She gave me a cortizone shot and scheduled PT. The cortizone shot was really painful about 15 minutes after the injection and I was actually crying driving home. Started PT and was given home excercises which I did religiously. I was not getting any relief from the cortizone injection and at my 3rd PT appt, I had the top rib on the right side of my back "pop out" and the therapist worked to get it back into place. Again, cried on the way home. Used ice and over the counter meds with no success. Went to the ER the next day where the doctor again had to get the rib back into place and put me on muscle relaxants. He said the spasms were causing the rib to pop out. Went to PT the next week and she again worked on the rib that was sore and the right shoulder. I was not getting better, but instead felt worse. Oct 26 I went back to the ortho who suggested I had a torn labrum and scheduled MRI anthrogram for this afternoon. I have been in awful pain that nothing helps and can not get sleep. No position is comfortable and my shoulder clicks and catches even going from the keyboard to the mouse. I have pain deep in the shoulder blade, rib area, down my right side, down the arm and arm muscle, and get a hot/burning sensation in the palm of my hand. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am afraid of the pain that potentially will occur when the joint is injected for the MRI.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.