Shoulder Blade Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having this severe pain between my shoulder blade and mid back.area. The pain was so bad last night I stayed up all night.. this time the left shoulder blade but it alternates and sometimes both at the same time. The weirdest thing I can also feel a pulsing heartbeat in the shoulder blade when it's aching. I do have gerd and gastritis , I don't know if its coming from the stomach . Also, Im having heart palpitations also and the palps gets worse if I move around too much. I went to my Dr a few days ago and he said I was very deficient in calcium and magnesium. He started me on supplements , it seem to get better for a couple of days but triggered again. I just took magnesium and it seem to lighten the pain in that area but the pain seem to move to another area but still not so severe like before. I am so nervous and cant seem to get comfort. I hate the thought of daybreak because my cycle of these symptoms just starts over. 😭

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary....I know the pain you speak about. I too have digestive issues only since peri began. Hormonal fluctuations are a beast!! They cause a load of crappy symptoms including that pain you're feeling. I ended up being diagnosed w gallstones and had surgery to remove gallbladder 2 years ago. Doc said to be careful eating fatty meals, as that will give a phantom attack when there's not enough bile available to digest it. he was right.

Last week I ate crazy meal and felt sharp burning pain under right shoulder blade. Then it moved left. I thought maybe muscle spasm? Drank lemon ginger tea w apple cider vinegar and pooped....pain stopped. Has not returned...yet.

so get go get checked if it keeps happening. Maybe it is just muscles spasming...

Feel better, hon...hugs!

• Posted

Hi Katy for some reason I'm beginning to think it is linked to digestive may be gallbladder. The shoulder blade symptoms started when my naturopathic started to treat my congested liver and I added a liver flush from a fb group online. it's been pain ever since. The back was already hurting. but nothing like this. Im thinking a possibility of gallstones maybe was aggravated? Then I was having green bm for a few months also. Did you experienced this? I know I should go to the dr but my health anxiety is just over board, I try to think positive...Another thing I noticed certain foods aggravates it. Like you, all of this came on during peri.

• Posted

Hi again, Mary...

If you have been treated for a liver issue, please dont be afraid to get checked for gallbladder issues since the liver ,gallbladder, and bile all go together. Thats probably why your bm was green-too much bile, gallbladder not working properly. I know all this because I've been there. And yes, certain foods that we once didn't think about, we can no longer tolerate.

So please go and lay your concerns out to your gp...and dont leave out anything.

Let us know how you get on. You will be ok.

• Posted

Yes, Mary...I did have green bm... sometimes light green, sometimes just a tinge of green. Told my doc because of course it scared me. He said it was bile causing that color and checked my gallbladder. Test results and pains I was experiencing resulted in having it removed. Sometimes now...2 years later...if I eat a really high fat or greasy meal it will happen but not often and not an alarming shade of green.

I did pray for help in losing wait but ya gotta be careful and specific in what you ask for!!! Lol!

Go get checked!!

• Posted

weight...not wait

• Posted

Sure!! I am in the U.S. so there may be a slight delay but I will respond!

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I understand what you are going through. I also have GERD and gastritis and the symptoms with those issues combined with peri are sometimes too much for me to handle. I have issues eating without heartburn and pain, strange aches and pains throughout my body, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, panic attacks, etc. I get a host of different symptoms from day to day and it's very frustrating. I don't feel like myself anymore. The littlest of things stress me out. I just want to feel normal.

I was prescribed BHRT, but have been afraid to take it for fear of feeling worse. I do take 750mg of magnesium daily and adrenal supplements and those seem to help. I try to walk and eat healthy when I can manage to eat something.

I do know I feel better when I am finally able to

get some rest. Does it feel better if you sit up vs. laying down? It helps me to sit up more when I'm resting and it helps to use a heating pad on the areas where I ache.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I do know that any existing chronic conditions can be worse during peri as the hormones fluctuate. I try to remind myself of this on the tougher days.

I hope you feel better soon. I wish you better health and peace. Big hugs--Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah the pain seem to be better if im moving around. At one time, it was better if lying down but now it's makes no difference whether sitting or lying. All of this came on during peri, I never had any issues before. I have my heating pad now. Pain eased some and I was dozing off to sleep 😴 ( which I very much needed) until my grandson woke me up. 😩

• Posted

Hi Mary, I had very bad back pain next to my left shoulder blade. It would come and go like you describe and only be better when my cycle was at it's highest during ovulation. When I hit rock bottom and all the symptoms hit me at once, I was admitted to the hospital because I was so sick. The only thing they could find was a funky gall bladder, so it was removed. But the back pain still persisted. It lasted maybe 18 months until it started getting better. All I can think of is that it's all connected with the central nervous system being affected either by the hormone imbalances or from old viruses becoming active again because of it.

I wasn't able to take advil because I had been diagnosed with chronic gastritis. And this also seems to be something else most of us have in common, like that's one of the first symptoms before all crapola hits the fan. Gastritis. We just all sound so similar, don't we?

• Posted

Hi Suzanne..I read on another old post that you have EBV? I've been seeing a naturopath and he says I have a virus as well but I dont know know what kind. What kind of testing is done for that?

• Posted

Most of us have EBV, it's just a matter of how strong the strain is and if it gets reactivated because of a low immune system. Did you have a bad case of mono as a teen? Mine was so bad I was hospitalized for a week. So I think I must have a strong strain.

The forum won't let me post the certain blood tests needed to check for reactivated EBV, but if you google "bloodwork needed for reactivated EBV" there are some good sites which specify which to have. There are 4 in total.

It's confusing because all of the symptoms for perimeno, anxiety, Lyme, reactivated EBV, depression, etc. are all the same. So it's hard to know what's causing what. But the fact that my cycles started changing when all the symptoms hit me isn't a coincidence. It definitely was all related somehow. Wish there was more research into it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.