Shoulder Blade Tingling and Burning Sensation, What is it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the last week or two I have had what feels like a sunburn in my right shoulder blade. Feels like burning sensation, sensitive to touch and even a shirt rubbing makes in sensitive. If goes away occasionally but for most of the day it feels like a burn. A few weeks before that I had off and on tingling/numbness in the same area. I have tried chiropractor just to see if it was a pinched nerve, tried stretching, PT, creams, muscle relaxers, etc. and none of it is helping. It feels like a sunburn and some days its worst some days its very mild. I don't see any redness or rashes but someone said it could be either a nerve thing or maybe shingles just not showing the redness or rashes yet. But i cannot spend a bunch of money trying to find the answer so wanted to see if anyone knows. the tingling and burning is for the most part just in that area. The pain switched kind of from tingling and numbness and my skin wasn't sensitive at all and now it is super sensitive for a couple weeks. Thanks and let me know.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This sounds very much like Nuropathic pain. Numbness, tingling , burning and clothing touching can feel sensitive. I suffer these symptoms in my legs everyday. I am no expert so i suggest you see your GP just to check it out. Which Country are you in? Unfortunately there is no cure for Nuropathic pain but medication to hep with the symptoms. i cannot bare clothing touching my skin and even the bedclothes can be a problem. Even now as i am typing this my legs are burning and tingling. It helps to know that i am not alone suffering, thou i wouldn't wish this on anybody, it's good to get support from these forums. I only take meds at night to help with sleep because of side effects. I hope you get an answer soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I am in the United States but the first doctor I saw didn't say anything about this. I did go before the sensitivity kicked in. Can it really just start up at any time? I didn't damage anything in that area. I exercise and try to be healthy. Well I will go to my doctor to get a 2nd opinion I just hope it isn't this because it is affecting my every day life.

• Posted

Please get a second opinion before trying anything else because some treatments can actually make it worse. If it is Shingles it will clear up with treatment but can take a long time. As it has been mentioned it could be diabetes, thou Nuropathic pain is usually in the legs and feet. I don't know what causes this type of pain but in my case surgery has damaged and irritated the nerves, even thou i had surgery has a child first, i wasn't affected until more surgery in later life. It doesn't sound like you have had any surgery and i guess you are quite young, so please before you get more anxious about this get a second opinion. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi want to say it can be a form of neuropathy do you have diabetes or some type of nerve damage with a old injury. I have neuropathy in my legs and feet and I also have it in my hands and arms

• Posted

Sounds like neuropathic pain. I had a painful tight shoulder impingement that had the same burning sensation down the shoulder blade. It felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot poker.I also have neuropathy in my hands, arms and recently my foot and leg. Nothing really helps it other than heat. I tried chiropractory and it caused more burning, particularly in my spine and caused numbness from my neck down.

• Posted

I have found using Cbd oil helps I started @ 200 mg then moved up to 1,000 mg now doing 2,500 mg I use the cbd oil once a day plus 1 or 2 tramadol plus a tiny piece of a gummy that has thc .I take Gapentin that doesnt always help I startrd being my own health advocate some of these paranoid doctors are forcing patients with chronic pain off their pain meds I was lucky to get off percocet but I sti have alot of pain from nerve pain ,joint pain ,neuropathy plus I have Mononeuritis where my nervous system is attacking my body I wear socks alot on my feet . so if you cant get the help from doctors then maybe going with cbd oils and marijuana might help I dont get the side effects I did with opioids

• Posted

I think these natural treatments would be better to avoid side effects. My doctor didn't suggest anything natural and only offered low dose anti depressants which cause more trouble.

• Posted

HI THERE,

Curious if you ever found out what the issue was? Ive been having the exact same issue for 2 months and im not sure why. I could have written the exact same thing you did because our symptoms are the same. Hoping you found relief!

• Posted

Well, I have the same problem and I know what is causing mine, but sadly relief doesn't come easy. I had to get surgery on my right side to remove the rib because it got so bad that the vein was compressed and caused a blood clot. The arm is still swollen, sadly, and the nerve angry. On the other side I am getting the same symptoms you guys are getting which is a nerve being pinched in the shoulder under the collar bone so I may have to get surgery there as well to prevent possible vein compression. If you still haven't figured out your problem, for me it is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome so that may be what you have as well. Physical therapy can help out with it. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.