shoulder injury or rotator cuff? popped out of place last night while I was sleeping

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 24 years old, when I was 20 I did alot of mma and jiu-jitsu I went in for a take down and my shoulder popped out of place for first time ever.

I now race motorcross n I've had it pop out about 7 times this year 2017 few times riding and a few time doing other stuff I went to the E.R. and they said I had a rotator cuff injury but it didn't look nothing serious they said n the it looks like it's never popped out of place and I told him other wise, when it pops out I'm limp and i usually can pop it back in myself but it hurts and takes a minute. I don't have insurance last night I was sleeping woke up n my shoulder popped out of place while I was sleeping and it took awhile to pop back in place this time and really hurt

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow Jesse........you have an active life.  My rotator cuff doesnt have as great as a story.  I'm just old and started to need tuneups in my joints etc!  Good luck dear. I'm glad you went to a gentler sport!  smiles

• Posted

Hi Jesse. Wow, bummer. Honestly, I don't know why your shoulder keeps popping out, however, you are too young to have that continously going on. Sounds like it could be the labrum. That is the part that holds the bone in place. I don't know if the Rotator cuff would be solely responsible , but definitely affected as well. At the very least. It would be good to get an opinion to find out what's going on and then make any neessary decisions from there. Wishing you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.