Shoulder issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am 39 and my profession is a window cleaner so repetitive strain on trapezial on left hand side. 

7 years off pain, 2 MRI and both come back as muscular and no tear in muscle.

Problem I’m facing is that I have seen various physiotherapist and chiropractor and osteopaths and also tried various acupuncture to no improvement to this area. 

Everyone has a different opinion but the issue I’m facing, you go hard on the problem area, the initial response is sore then it has a negative effect so actually makes it worse! So manipulation doesn’t work. 

Symptoms are headaches 

Weakness in arm 

Hitting my head against a brick wall, £45.00 a time over seven years you can imagine the frustration I’m facing.

Just wanted to know if there are other recommendation for other alternative therapy I may have missed

Thanks John  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for your suffering John.  I’m on this site to try to diagnose and treat my own shoulder injury too (I have no insurance).  

Curious if by asking questions, I may help to lead you to answers to your problem.  It appears you have a repetitive-use injury, as I’m assuming you use your left hand mostly to work.  What happens when you don’t work or when you take breaks, does your left shoulder feel better?  What about your right shoulder, any pain there? - Does your body feel better when you use your right arm to work?  - does it make you feel more ‘balanced’?

Also, have you had your posture checked, to see if your have asymmetry in your body? Always using one arm to work cab throw off your entire ‘kinetic chain’!

• Posted

I don't know where your location is but I would recommend that you find either a PT or a Massage Therapist with extensive training in Myofascial Release. Not someone who has just taken a weekend seminar, but someone who has really trained in it. There is a website my ofascial release where you can find a therapist based on where you live. You should also be guided in strengthening as the restrictions are released, as you probably have muscular imbalance going on for years. I hope that helps.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.