Shoulder Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

So as of lately I've been feeling better (somewhat) but after I started talking about my anxiety and what brought it on to my mom my shoulder started to hurt again. It's like a sharp pain and I usually have it so I'm really wondering if I should go to a chiropractor.

I actually do want to go to a chiropractor but my mom continues to tell me that I'm too young for that and that I shouldn't worry about things like this.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You're not too young I'm 23 and doctors recommend that for me

• Posted

You don't actually state how old you are, so I am presuming that you are an child, simply because an adult has the ability to out-source medical help without the permission or interference of a parent.

So then, if you are in fact quite young you should ask your mother to accompany to your doctor, with a view to establishing whether the cause of your shoulder pain is linked to your anxiety issue, or whether there might be another reason for it.

If I have misread your text and you are in fact an adult, then you do not have to listen to what your mother tells you - if you feel unwell then ask your doctor whether he/she feels that a Chiropractor would help, alternatively go directly to the Chiropractor if you feel that will benefit you.

Personally I feel that the issue with your shoulder is related to your anxiety, and not to a muskuloskeletal condition, so a Chiropractor would not be much use to you.

• Posted

hi gabbi i also get a sharp pain in my shoulder , my anxiety went through the roof about 6 months ago and i notice a sharp pain in my shoulder about the same time , i have had massages  and work outs on my shoulder but to no effect i think it is linked to the anxiety , i also get alot of tension headaches in the back of my neck , i hope you find the answer
  • Posted

Gabbi, which shoulder and where?  It can indicate other health issues other then anxiety. For example, a sharp pain in your left(?) shoulder can indicate there is something wrong with your spleen  It can also be caused by medication.  Tramadol is notorious for causing bad shoulder and neck pain. It could be anxiety but it is also worth getting it checked out.
  • Posted

Also, you are never too young to see a Chiropractor, especially if you spend a lot of time hunched over a computer (not saying that you in particular do). A lot of young teens suffer from bad shoulder and neck pains from the amount of time they spend with computers.  It could also be a sports injury.  I once wrenched my shoulder when I was training for my brown belt and it ached badly for six months or more.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.