shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone hope you are all doing as good as possible I would just like to ask after suffering with a very painful shoulder for the past week I went to GP and have been told I have a frozen shoulder and have to get a steroid injection into my shoulder has anyone else had this done and is it painful is the pain made worse by our fibro any info would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading

Gentle hugs😏 x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I am also due to have a steroid injection in my shoulder for shoulder impingement syndrome. I have previously had steroid injections in my hands and wrists, oh and an epidural one for a disc extrusion. The injections contain a local anaesthetic so from my experience don't hurt too much at the time but when the local wears off, can be a bit sore for a while. Hope this helps, and that the injection works for you. x
    • Posted

Thanks for ur reply Jeanne I have had cortisone injection in my elbow and wrist which were sore but glad the steroid one not 2 bad

Take care hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I thought they were the same but when the GP said steroid injection I thought I must be wrong thanks for clearing that up for me x
  • Posted

Hi Debbie I have fibro and have had frozen shoulder both sides for a year I had a steroid injection in the early stage and it helped me I also went to physio and they showed me exercises I could manage to do myself I did mine in the shower each morning which helped a great deal.

take care gentle hugs

Shirl x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply shirl hopefully I don't have it for a year I hope it helps n hope yours gets better soon x
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

I had a frozen shoulder, and I had a steroid injection from my GP,never worked

I ended up seeing an orthopaedic consultant, who gave me another one, which I am sorry to say didn't work either

exercises never helped, so painful to do, he decided to manipulate, it,.

went into day ward and had that done, within the hour physio came to do the exercises, great, but my should was pumped full of anisthetic, when that wore off wow was I in pain.well even now I have limited use and it's still painful. Anyway we are all different so good luck , I really hope yours works

Anne

• Posted

Hiya debbie...i had a frozen shoulder 😠a couple of years ago..grr...very very sore..the doctor that diagnosed said well ive got good news and bad news..llol...he said good news is the diagnoses..will get better eventualy....probably will be there for the better part of a year.-it did..9 months...bad news, you will probably get it in your other shoulder..i did..but not as bad..i found it worse at nigh5

just laying in bed..hooe it helps.😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.