Shoulder pain 9 months after dislocation

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I'm a bit frustrated. This past summer I was drinking and playing air hockey...Well I dislocated my right shoulder for the 2nd time. The first time was yrs ago when i fell on ice. Went to ortho, got MRI which i guess didn't show much and got a cortisone injection. Fast forward and about 3 months ago started hurting again. If i lift up, straight out beside me, back or twisting its painful. Most nights anytime I move I wake up. Besides the constant pain i feel like a weight is sitting on my shoulders. The pain goes down my arm to my elbow, on the top and side. So with the ortho Dr saying my MRI looked fine what the heck should I do??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, OY VEY...call your doctor post haste!
  • Posted

Get a new ortho. Ok. Really. It sounds like you may have torn the labrum. Something is definately going on there. Now the symptoms sound also like rotator cuff. I'm sorry you are experiencing that pain. I was told my labrum was torn, but when it was all said and done, it was the RC. I just don't know what else you can do beside get a second opinion and perhaps an MRI "with contrast". (There is a different name for that but I don't recall what it is.). Good luck. Keep us posted.

• Posted

I have an apt this morning with him. I'm giving him another chance. Just hoping he doesn't give me a shot and call it good. Will post later. Thank you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.