Shoulder pain and liver function test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so as a background I had my gallbladder removed in march. At the time I had a full blood count done and liver function test and all came back ok. I also had an ultrasound of my liver and gallbladder and thats how they found the problematic stone.

For the last 2 weeks ive been having pain in my shoulder and the side of my ribs but no pain at all in the front of my abdomen. I went to the dr and she did another full blood count and liver function test. At the followup she said the lft was "was slighlty off" and told me to wait 7 days and then get another one.

I get a little nausea sometimes but ive been getting that since my gb removal.

Im a 28yr old male and i dont drink regularly.

Does anyone have any experience with what might be causing the pain?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Before I had all of my medical issues last year I was having right shoulder pain much like a sharp muscle pain. Ends up I had fluid built up in the space between the lungs and chest wall. All the doctors told me it was referred pain - where you feel the pain but in a different location. All said and done the doctors were correct and now that I am as healthy as I'm going to get - no pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.