Shoulder pain and sleeping

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I suffer from both shoulder impingement, had few injections, not very helpful!

I was due to a Subacromial decompression on 9th August, but had to cancel it as I ruptured my Achilles Tendon. I am managing the pain during the day, but the most difficult time is at night, the pain wakes me up and keeps me up. Because of lots of other musculoskeletal problems, sleeping on the sides is the best position, but that triggers the pain. 

​I would appreciate your advice.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mortez,

I do hope you are out of this misery soon. I cannot begin to imagine how it would be If I had FS in both shoulders at the same time.

As mentioned, MSM is great. Since starting to take that I am waking less at night. I have also just introduced vit C which helps the MSM efectiveness apparently & at the weekend I switched my daily two capsules of turmeric with pipeline to two of glucosamine - it's a bit of trial & error for me because I am very anti meds (I am sure I would be taking meds if it was in both shoulders though!) & also don't want the cortisone injection but couldn't persuade the shoulder expert at my surgery to look into saline injections (hydrodilatation). Think I am half way through my freezing stage (three month in).

I hope the cushion wedges help you to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Rose, thanks for your reply. It is not FS, apparently it's impingement, I was supposed to have ASD next week, only option which might help, but it's cancelled. I suffer from severe vit D deficiency too, I take supplement for that, I will have a go with vit C. I am getting the wedges tomorrow, hopefully will bring some comfort!

Do you get pain on your wrists with FS?

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.