Shoulder pain - exercise/stretch or rest

Posted , 2 users are following.

GP thinks neck problems. Been for sports massage. 

Just wondering - is is better to stretch (and feel pain) or rest completely?

Having had to do some DIY it seems better after the initial discomfort. Then again, its very stiff after sleeping.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't know about neck but I have had Shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago Had Physio prior to this Told it is not case if no pain no gain I had to stop as it was making the pain worse My post op.Exercise in not challenging at the moment and to modify exercise if creating pain. lLike you initially I was unsure about rest of exercise

Don't know the answer I think we are all different

Good luck

• Posted

Ice, rest, and manage pain with OTC meds.  Check-in with your doctor.

• Posted

Yeh. Doc gave me codeine and naproxen.

How long will it last? Still gotta drive to work etc. Been 8 weeks or so now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.