Shoulder pain nearly 5 months Nothing found in MRI

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hurt my shoulder about 5 months ago, doing what is normally a very easy task. When it happened it felt like my shoulder went out of the socket and right back in. As expected this was incredibly painful, to the point that it dropped me to the ground. by the next morning still hurting but functional. for the following 2 to 3 weeks it seemed to get better. however it stopped after a point and I went and had an MRI done. They found nothing wrong at all in the MRI simply said I pulled my rotator cuff no torn muscles or injured joints..... I find this puzzling so I tried using my shoulder a bit less to allow it to heal 5 months later it still bothers, I never lost any movement hardly at all however after just using it lightly such filling my wood stove it would hurt for the rest of the day. Please help I'm lost as to what to do, again the MRI found nothing after 5 months I would think it would be most of the way better but after minor exerting effort the pain returns with a vengeance. 

any advice would be very much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I should mention I am 23, quite active (I run a farm) and I stay rather healthy, I don't smoke or do drugs, I drink occasionally. I've never had any issues with joints, or bones in the past....

• Posted

My  personal opinion. Get a second opinion. I had a friend that saw two doctors because she has something wrong that was serious. Without going into details. They kept saying nothing was wrong, it was stress. 

As it turns out she had colon cancer. If you’re still in pain and the MRI “showed nothing” I would get another opinion from another doctor that is possibly higher ranked and has good reviews, and get another MRI. There’s obviously something wrong if you’re still in pain after five months. I don’t trust all doctors because just because your doctor doesn’t mean you’re always right 100% of the time. But that’s my personal opinion.

• Posted

Maybe a round of visits to physical therapy might help.  Good luck!
    • Posted

I suppose I should have looked into that a long time ago haha. thank you for the tip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.