Shoulder pain, no injuries

Posted , 3 users are following.

I woke up 2 weeks ago and my left shoulder hurt. I couldn't lift my arm more than halfway without the pain becoming almost unbearable. As I lift my arm, it feels tight, like it is going to pop. Eventually after about a week it started to get better and when I lifted my arm I can feel it catching. And then today, I took a nap, and it was so much worse than it ever was. Now the pain is traveling down my arm. Someone please explain what's going on. I never fell, I don't play sports. There's literally no reason for it to hurt.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You probably have an impingement in your shoulder joint....Google it...Shoulder Impingement Syndrome...it is very common...I actually had surgery to relieve it, but there are other things to try first. You may need a diagnosis from an orthopaedic surgeon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.