Shoulder pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

A new symptom for me - shoulder pain!

I have experienced every perimenopause symptom going, but this is a first for me.

It almost feels as if someone is pushing down on my shoulders.

Does anyone else have this??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A few years ago when all of this hit me, that was one of my first symptoms. It felt like I had weights on my upperback/shoulders.

Later on I developed frozen shoulder, but I don't think the symptoms you are describing is part of that. I'm not sure what it is. Do you have anxiety issues about all this peri?

• Posted

yes it feels like a pressure on both shoulders. Didn't last very long, matter of seconds.

I'm due my period shortly so guessing it's possibly related to that.

I do get anxiety with the peri which strikes before and during my period.

Do you suffer with it?

• Posted

hi. I haven't got this now, thank fully but when I was in peri I had frozen shoulder in both sides I do hope you are not getting this and to be honest it doesn't sound like you are from how you described the pain. but yes I can relate. take care

• Posted

Hey Dora, frozen shoulder or as Chinese medicine calls it “50's shoulder“ is very common during this time. I had it in my left shoulder, quite bad, but my massage therapist fortunately worked it out in a matter of months. The pain you’re describing doesn’t sound like frozen shoulder though. Google frozen shoulder and see if your symptoms are similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.