Shoulder Tear Surgery post op pain or retear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm in my 5th week after a shoulder tear surgery. The Dr. used stitches to fix it. I have been good to keep my elbow to my side when lifting my arm from the elbow and my sling on.. I had lifted it slightly to hold my hair. I felt a roll in my shoulder and when I lowered my arm it felt weird like it was out of place. I didnt have pain when it happened and after I rubbed it a bit it just felt alittle swollen in that area and sore. I iced it and I remained in my sling which I wear except when dressing. I have pain like maybe at a 4 at times and wonder if the roll i felt was a tear from maybe too much pressure on my shoulder while lifting my arm or was it maybe a muscle that rolled over another? It just felt weird. The tightness I have been feeling in my arm and shoulder since surgery pretty much disappeared the next day making me think I tore it again. Its now 3 days since it happened and my arm feels swollen above my elbow. I have therapy tomorrow. Anyone else ever had this happen?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

ask your therapist when you see them . .. it's difficult to guess if anything happened or if its just healing.

when do you see the surgeon next mention this or call the office.

take it easy in PT don't let them over work your arm. so many over do and experience set backs after therapy. sending healing vibes your way.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.