shoulder tendonitis- How long to settle?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've got inflammation of the clavicle area .

"There is supraspinatus tendinopathy without focal tear.

Marked right SC joint synovitus."

I suspect it is a result of holding my arm up painting portraits plus mobile phone texting and windsurfing.

It's been 3 weeks so far and I'm on herbal anti imflammatories ( going off them today) and I'm trying to avoid stirring it up.It is now a bit more in the background but all I have to do is reach forward or paint/ text for a few minutes to stir it up.

It has also involved other muscles at times - very painful up the side of my jaw ( painkillers so I can eat) sore neck , golfers and tennis elbow..

Anyone else had a similar issue and how long to fix it? I'm hoping to be back windsurfing etc at the 6 week mark?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ugh, what a nightmare.  These are wonderful questions to ask your doctor.  Have you been referred to physical therapy?  Good luck!
    • Posted

I see my chiro this week but i think it is still too inflamed to work on.

It's been 3 weeks and although it's a bit more in the background and I managed to sleep on it the night before last I forgot I had it last night and didn't take precaution and yelled out loud with the pain..I hope it doesn't take months to settle as i can't work at the moment and being self employed there's no sick leave etc..

• Posted

Sorry I've taken so long to reply but I lost my login details..

Almost 7 weeks now and a lot better but it's still easily stirred up. I only have to reach/ move  the wrong way and I yelp.

Trying to avoid things that stir it up- computer , texting , painting portraits.I did manage to carry a full water bucket so that's an improvement.

A lot of stuff happening at the moment so I'm pretty stressed and I tend to tighten the area when I'me stressed so that's not helping. Doing chiro exercises to help relax the area and build up core muscles..Also some theraband work to try and build up the area.

I'm on natural anti imflammatories.

I'm hoping to try windsurfing in about a fortnight but at the moment that looks a bit optimistic..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.