shoulder tendonitis prevent me to do gym exercises. what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Eight years ago, I went with a friend of mine to the gym to practice bodybuilding exercises and it was the first time in my life that I practiced bodybuilding. Unfortunately, that day and when I was doing "incline barbell" excercice with unapropriat weight for me as a beginer, I felt a pain in the left shoulder, and the pain was increasing day after day espacily with "incline barbell" excercice . Now after eight years, the pain stell the same, knowing that I was stopping exercising sometimes for seven months to rest the shoulder without success, and I noticed that more the shoulder become weaker, the pain cause will be daily movements like driving the car. one day I went to the doctor and after scaning my shoulder with the echographie he tolde me that I have a shoulder tendonitis and this is the picutre imageof the echographie. any help please I don't know what I do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would rest your shoulder and avoid strenuous exercise. I can't tell anything from your X Ray because I am not a doctor. I have neuropathy in both arms and hands and have a back injury and I avoid vigorous exercise to keep the symptoms at bay. Maybe try over the counter painkillers for the tendonitis.

• Posted

Hi Imedeloma

Try using heat like hot water bottle and ice packs and soak in hot bath and completely rest your shoulder. Also, get yourself a shoulder strap from well known online site or from a chemist/pharmacist. You can use rub in cream to alleviate the pain ask at chemist/pharmacy can't give the name on here but a good one starts with letters VOL..... or you can buy pain patches....

• Posted

With conditions like tendonitis and neuralgia, ice packs can make things worse.; heat is far more comforting. Anything cold can go through your nerve endings like a lightening rod.

• Posted

Hi pippa58442

I found using ice pack then heat directly after, alternating for approx 5-10 mins the rub in cream eased the pain in my shoulder. This was on my physio's advice....

• Posted

then using rub in cream eased the pain in my shoulder...

• Posted

It's funny how we are all so different. Anything cold really triggers my neuralgia and creams do nothing for me. The only thing that works is constant heat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.